May Container Gardening Recipe
Brighten up those shady areas in May with a container full of colorful plants. This recipe will do fantastic in dappled light conditions or can even take a few hours of the morning sun. This design combines rich burgundy with deep pinks and bright shades of green for contrast.
- Cordyline Auntie Lou, with its rich burgundy leaves, makes the perfect backdrop for this part shade color combo.
- Hydrangea Summer Crush®, one of the “Endless Summer Series” with its floral quality raspberry blooms, and compact size is an excellent choice for container gardening.
- Caladium Heart & Soul® from Proven Winners is a sun or shade caladium variety. Its splashy leaves make a great contrast against the burgundy Auntie Lou.
- Creeping Jenny is a favorite spiller for container gardens. Although it can be in the sun, partial shade is best in the heat of the summer.
- Sunpatiens® Pink Candy or any impatient in the pink family will add a constant colorful bloom to the mix.
For comprehensive solutions to your specific lawn, garden, and landscaping needs, contact Earth Works of Jacksonville online and at 904-996-0712. Earth Works operates a retail Garden Center/Plant Nursery in Jacksonville and provides landscaping, hardscaping, water features, lawn care service, lawn spraying, and drainage solutions.
Earth Works proudly serves clients in Northeast Florida, including Jacksonville, Ponte Vedra Beach, Atlantic Beach, Neptune Beach, Jacksonville Beach, Nocatee, St. Johns, Fleming Island, Orange Park, Middleburg, Green Cove Springs, Amelia Island, Fernandina, and St. Augustine.