Take a look at the latest information about Jacksonville landscape gardens, hardscapes and water features
EARTH WORKS’ TOP 7 REASON TO ADD A WATER FEATURE TO YOUR YARD IN 2017
1. Whatever the size of your water feature, we can make it the talk of the neighborhood! From a small fountain on your patio to a in-ground pond with exotic koi fish, colored lights and fountains, experts at Earth Works will find a water feature option that fits your budget and lifestyle while beautifying your surroundings. Our landscape professionals focus on making sure you get what you’re looking for by helping you choose a location for a pond kit, and installing your pond from start to finish. Custom options are almost limitless with your choice of stone, lights, fountains, fish, foliage, waterfalls and water plants. You can even add a patio, fire pit and pergola so you can enjoy your outdoor space and pond year-round.
2.Not ready to go whole hog with an in-ground pond? Start small with a miniature Water Garden or Patio Pond that you can easily set up yourself! We offer a variety of Patio Ponds ready to go home with you and immediately brighten up your outdoor living space. Patio Ponds can even sustain small water gardens and certain types of fish for the full “pond experience” on a micro level. Relaxing on your patio with your Patio Pond adds an artistic centerpiece and the calming sound of moving water.
3.Contrary to popular belief, having your own pond ADDS to your quality of life and maintenance is a snap! Often homeowners shy away from adding a water feature to their landscape because there’s a misconception that ponds require a lot of maintenance. Earth Works’ landscaping professionals work with you to pick the right location on your property to install your pond based on your size specifications with a quality pond kit (filtration & pump system, liner, and more depending on what custom features you choose), and your new, beautiful pond is ready to show off to your friends and neighbors! Our Earth Works landscapers will show you how you how easy it is to maintain your own pond. We’ll always be there for you to answer any questions or help you need after installation is complete.
4. In-ground water features like ponds add curb appeal and value to your home. Besides making your neighbors jealous, your new pond can actually increase curb appeal and add value to your home when it comes time to sell as part of a well-landscaped property. Good, maintained landscaping can add up to 12 to 15 percent to your property’s value!
5. The relaxing sound of cool running water on a hot summer day. Free-standing fountain, water garden or in-ground pond, stream or waterfall, there’s nothing like a lounge chair in the shade, enjoying a fresh cold beverage, basking in the ambience of the cool sounds of running water in your dream backyard during the dog days of summer.
One goal: To significantly reduce mosquitos and other biting insects so you and your family can enjoy the backyard anytime day or night.
Two Solutions: Earth Works is now offering two options that will provide highly effective protection from mosquitoes.
Earth Works Lawn Spray Division is now offering this comprehensive long-acting mosquito control treatment.
• Guaranteed control for up to 30 days
• Can treat for a one-time special event or set up a recurring treatment schedule to give you year-round protection
• Costs depend on the size and density of the plants on your property and the amount of product we will need to use
• Safe for plants. Once dry, safe for people and pets*.
Earth Works Landscape Lighting division now installs these innovative fixtures that provide year-round hassle-free mosquito control.
• One fixture provides 110 square feet of coverage
• Four fixtures protect an average patio or deck (400 sq ft)
• Protects within 15 minutes of use
• Odorless, silent and invisible
• Can stand alone or be added to low voltage lighting system
• People and pet-safe; doesn’t harm plants or lawn
For more information and a FREE quote call today. 996-0712.
*Not for use immediately around fish ponds or on vegetable gardens.
Earth Works’ Build-a-Pond Workshop.
If you have ever considered adding a water feature to your yard but aren’t quite sure where to begin, this workshop is for you.
Whether you are an experienced “do-it-yourselfer” or novice gardener, this program will give you the basic understanding of pond building and the confidence to add one to your garden. The workshop leader will cover the 20 steps to building a natural looking pond and demonstrate how simple the process can be. We will guide you step-by-step through the time-proven method of pond building. This hands-on seminar focuses on general design, trouble shooting, and time-saving tips that have been perfected over the years. Upon completion, you will have a good working knowledge of the pond system and the function of its’ main components. Most importantly, you will understand how to create your own pond beautifully, efficiently, and naturally.
Call 904-567-6870 for upcoming Build-A-Pond Workshop dates and times.